Option “3” is correct. Silicosis is a lung disease that is caused by inhaling tiny bits of silica. Silica is a common mineral, which is part of sand, rock and mineral ores like quartz.
2. Food poisoning is due to –
2. Salmonella bacilli
4. None of the above
Option “2” is correct. A salmonella infection is a bacterial disease of the intestinal tract. A salmonella is a group of bacteria that cause typhoid fever, food poisoning, gastroenteritis, enteric fever and other illnesses. People become mostly through contaminated water of foods.
3. The famous ‘Bubble Baby Disease’ is so called because:
1. It is caused by water bubble
2. the suffering baby makes bubbles of saliva
3. The suffering baby is treated in a germ-free plastic bubble
4. It is cured only water bubble
Option “3” is correct. Bubble baby disease (severe combined immunodeficiency, SCID) is often called “bubble boy disease”. There are several forms of SCID. The famous ‘Bubble Baby Disease’ is named so as the suffering baby is treated in a germ-free plastic bubble.
4. Ornithophily is effected by-
Option “4” is correct. Ornithophily or bird pollination is the pollination of flowering plants by birds.
5. Which of the following vitamins help in the absorption of calcium?
1. Vitamin A
2. Vitamin D
3. Vitamin B1
4. Vitamin B2
Option “2” is correct. Vitamin D is necessary for developing and maintaining strong, healthy bones and absorption.
6. Which of the following vitamins contain nitrogen?
1. Vitamin A
2. Vitamin B
3. Vitamin C
4. Vitamin D
Option “2” is correct. Vitamins B contains Nitrogen.
7. Science dealing with study of soil is called-
Option “1” is correct. Pedology is also called “soil science”. It is the study of soils, including their chemical and physical properties as they are in their natural environment.
8. Pulses are a rich source of which of the following?
4. Vitamin A
Option “2” is correct. Pulses are rich sources of proteins.
9. Plant cell wall is made up of –
Option “1” is correct. The plant cell wall is composed of cellulose. Cellulose is a structural carbohydrate and is considered a complex sugar because it is used in both protection and structure.
10. The study of Fungi is also known as –
Option “3” is correct. Mycology is the branch of biology concerned with the study of fungi, including their genetic and biochemical properties, their taxonomy and their use to humans.